Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Introducing the 'Wednesday Why'

Since I've decided it's pretty much impossible for me to do a Wordless Wednesday, I've decided to do a Wednesday Why... in which I answer a 'why' question. Why? Because 'why' is a doubleyou word that doubles as a question. A question seeks an answerer with an answer, and an answer requires words. I like words. Therefore, a 'Wednesday Why' is a much better fit for me. So... without further ado... today's Wednesday Why question is...


"Why was today such a good day?"

Answer(s):

(thisanswercomestoyouinthreeparts)

1. I checked the mail for the first time in 51687354 days (notthatmanydays) and was pleasantly surprised. BACKSTORY: We have a post office box and often go days without checking it. Dad is usually the one who remembers to go, so when he is out of town (note:heiscurrentlyoutoftown) we forget to go. However, as previously mentioned, I decided to stop by the box today. This is what I found...


5 of the 8 pieces (Idon'treallyknowhowmanypiecestherewere) of mail were for me!!! A graduation card from some awesome ward members, an official invite to Brooke's BFA show, and three missionary letters! YEEESS. I love me some mail. I guess not checking every day pays off when letters/cards/invitations stack up and allow for a post office box extravaganza!

2. After hitting up the post office, I stopped in at the library because something I had put on hold had come in. Much to my surprise, this little guy was waiting for me...
I've been DYING to read this book since I found out it was going to be made into a movie, but there were 64687435 holds (notthatmanybutalot) on it at the library, so I ended up seeing the movie first. I was like number 250 on the list, so I figured it would take a year to get a copy. Not so! I'll be sure to let y'all know how it is. 

3. Date night with mom! Mom and I haven't been able to spend a lot of time together this week so far because of our work schedules, so with dad out of town, we decided to have a dinner-movie night. We went to Firehouse Subs (Best. Sandwiches. Ever. Seriously) and then to the dollar movies to see Just Go With It. Super funny. Totally worth the buck. 

And that, my friends, is a 'Wednesday Why'. Now for a chocolatey baby:



... because for any of you NOT having a great day, what better cure for sorrow is there than a chocolate covered baby? (that sounds strangely cannibalistic) 

Happy Wednesday.

Soon to come:

- Graduating from College and a long-awaited return to Fillmore City

2 comments:

  1. Yum...chocolate-covered baby...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear that is why Ron Paul is such a fan of Ethiopian infants....

    ReplyDelete