Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesday 'Why': Why haven't I seen this movie before now?!



(Note: This was NOT my original Wednesday 'Why' question. Ah, spontaneity.)

 Brooke, Megan and I made plans yesterday to see this:


and it was excellent. Not kidding. I loved it. However, Probably the best part of the movie was when I stepped up to the ticket counter and said, "One ticket to Prom, please" and then immediately followed up my request with "Awww... I just bought a ticket to Prom! Flashback!" 

Um...Yeah. I totally said that. 

Luckily, ticket counter guy laughed instead of telling me I was a moron, so I didn't feel as ridiculous. Brooke and Megan also laughed, but they should be used to me by now. Anyway, as I said before, the movie was excellent, filled with typical teenage angst over a small shed on the school property burning down whilst containing ALL the decorations for Prom and therefore threatening to RUIN the most important night in the life of all 17 year olds... among other things. I'll take a moment to point out that I love teenage angst movies. Especially when Disney is involved. And I am not afraid to admit it. Nor am I being sarcastic. Seriously. I don't ever remember romanticizing prom night to the extent that the characters do, but I found myself feeling nostalgic for a time when my biggest worry was what to wear to a dance and who to go with. Ok, I don't think those things were ever my biggest worry, but it's nice to remind myself that high school was great. And also that I don't miss it. At all. 

But that wasn't the movie to which I was referring in my 'Why' question. 

Prom got out just before 10, and none of us were ready to go home, so we immediately decided to choose another movie to see. (NOTE: Tuesdays at the movie theater are only $6.25 all day long, so two movies are only slightly more expensive than one movie on any other day.) We went back to the ticket counter and bought tickets to this:


Naturally, we purchased these tickets from the same ticket counter guy as before, who smiled and shook his head a little asking how our first movie was, but probably thinking 'These girls are ridiculous. Especially the one who made that crack about prom tickets earlier.' Anyway, THIS is where I ask the question:

Why Haven't I Seen This Movie Before Now?!

Weeks ago, my brother and his wife had said to me 'We saw Arthur last night and it was HILARIOUSLY amazing!' (Theyprobablydidn'tsay'hilariouslyamazing') I'd completely forgotten about it until last night. I'm not a huge fan of Russell Brand, but I love Helen Mirren, so I went in to it a little skeptical.

Oh.My.Goodness. I laughed so hard that I was in serious danger of wetting my brand new pair of Eddie Bauer Curvy Fit Bootcut Jeans. To hear Helen Mirren say 'Wash your winky' while wearing a Darth Vader voice-changing helmet was well worth my $6.25, and there were many more laughable moments throughout the entire film.

 Go.See.This.Movie.

3 comments:

  1. YES! Third post in a row that I have been mentioned. I feel so famous! HOLLA.

    I want a magnetic bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Famous, indeed! Welcome back into my life, Brooke.

    I want a magnetic bed, too! Someday, my friend. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness. We really are such losers for going to see two movies in one night. But at least now we can all say we've done it. :)

    ReplyDelete