Friday, June 3, 2011

Blog Fail Make-Up: What I'm Watching, Reading, and a Human Cartoon

I had a total blog fail this week... so in an attempt to keep myself from becoming blog stagnant, here's a little something.

- Bentley continued to stir up trouble on the Bachelorette this week, but the REAL highlight of the episode for me was THIS guy:


For those of you who don't watch, this is Nick. He's a personal trainer from... er... somewhere... and I'm also pretty sure he is the non-cartoony version of THIS guy:


I mean, he's a little less glowy, and a little less 'hunk-ules' but the similarities are there. As I watched the episode a second time with Brooke and Megan yesterday, every time he appeared on screen I would giggle and say 'Hercules!' (I don't think they appreciated it) Except for being a cartoon celebrity look-a-like, he seems to lean a little towards the 'dry toast' side of the personality scale. We'll see how far he makes it.

- I have been in the process of watching One Tree Hill (The best show ever made)  from beginning to end for the second time since it first aired, and as I started Season 6 the other day, mom realized she has never seen it. (What?!) That was unacceptable, so we've been watching it together. I forgot how much I love this season and it's even BETTER with someone who hasn't experienced it before. 


- These are the books I'm currently reading:


Yes, there are seven. No, I am not kidding. I always read 2 or 3 books at a time, but this is slightly ridiculous. However, there is a method behind my madness (kind of). I've been re-reading Scott Westerfield's Uglies series because I never did read the final book and I needed to refresh my memory of the first three before I dive into the last. I'm nearly through the Pretty Little Liars series, which I started before the Westerfield books and I couldn't just stop without finishing. One Day is about to be released as a movie, so naturally I wanted to read the book before I see it. Beauty Queens came highly recommended by John Green, which is reason enough to give it a try. Yesterday, Megan gave me When It Happens and The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner and I started reading them both because I was too lazy to come upstairs to get one of the books I'd already started, and finally, I'm reading Lament because I love Maggie Stiefvater's Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy (of which the third and final book will be released on July 12th and of which I have already pre-ordered) and only recently discovered that she'd written other books. Of course I am reading them all at once because I hate getting my hands on a book and not immediately beginning to read it. I'll let you know what is worth reading as I finish each one. 

Whew! So, there it is. A little something to make up for a blogless week. Even if you don't care about what I'm watching or reading, at least there was Nick-cules. You're welcome. 


2 comments:

  1. Have you read anything else by Libba Bray? I read her "Great and Terrible Beauty" series...they were pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to read Going Bovine, but didn't get very far. I like this one so far though... it's about a plane full of beauty contestants that crash on a deserted island lol

    ReplyDelete