Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Best Date Ever

Last night I went on the best date ever. There was no uncomfortable conversation, no awkward silences, no nervousness and DEFINITELY no awful doorstep scene. In fact, I enjoyed a little hand holding, a little snuggling, and ended the night with a hug, a kiss, and an 'I love you'. Not to mention the fact that I got to spend time with one of the most handsome guys I know. Sounds perfect, right? That's because it was. 


And all because of this place...



And this guy... 



Meet Kyle. The sweetest three-year-old nephew there ever was.

We made plans at the end of last week to go to the movies on a double (turned triple) date. Kyle's parents told me that he was so excited, he woke up on Sunday morning asking if it was the day for his "bate" with Nennie. And who WOULDN'T be excited to spend an evening with me?! I am, as Kyle likes to say, the BEST. (Ok... more often than not, he is prompted to say so, but that doesn't make it any less true) 

Last night, the time for our bate had come at last. We met at the dollar theater (Kyle's mom and dad came, and I brought Megan because we didn't want little Lucas to feel like a 5th wheel) which was PACKED, despite the crappy weather, and discovered that the movie we wanted to see (Tangled) was sold out. The next showing wasn't for an hour, PLUS it was in 3D and we would have to pay and extra $2 a ticket which is ridiculous when you're only paying $0.75 each in the first place.

We had almost opted to go home and watch a movie when Kyle heard the words 'Harry Potter' and instantly decided that he wanted to see that instead. We were a little worried that Harry Potter was going to be too scary for a three-year-old, but didn't want to break the poor little guy's heart by telling him we couldn't go to the movies at all since he'd been looking forward to it for days, so we bought tickets and hoped for the best.

Kyle was so good through the whole movie, and only had to cover his eyes at a few scary parts. As each preview started, he would ask me "What movie is that?!" and glue his eyes to the screen while perching on the edge of his seat (Megan and I soon realized that he was mostly only sitting on the edge of his chair because we forgot to get him a booster seat and if he sat all the way back, the chair tried to swallow him. haha. oops) All during the movie he kept asking "What is Harry Potter doing?!","What is the bad guy doing?!", "What's that?!" and was super excited about the snake, the owl, and the dragon. He sat still mostly, except for one quick trip to the potty, or to climb on my lap or Megan's lap or to get more snacks. He even put his arm around me at one point, smiling at me and patting my back. So funny. 

Lucas was really good too, only crying a little bit, until his parents gave him some licorice that he chomped on until he looked like he'd killed and eaten a small animal by the time we left.


You can't see his blood red hands, and his face doesn't look nearly as messy in the picture as it did in reality, but how cute is he?!


Even though Kyle ate nearly half of my popcorn and helped himself to my Diet Coke, I'd definitely say it was a successful night. Here's to hoping he didn't have Harry Potter nightmares all night or too much of a sugar high from all the crap I let him eat. :) 



--SIDENOTE-- I still plan on blogging about my February Vegas trip... eventually. What with the awesome dating agenda and time-consuming bathroom remodel project going on, I just... well... haven't yet. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment