Thursday, March 31, 2011

Titles, Gifts, and Shooting Guns

This post comes to you in two parts, but first, a quick note about titles:


This blog is in serious need of a title. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to come up with anything that I like enough to use yet. I am now officially taking suggestions.

Ok. Moving on...

Part One: In Which Mom and Dad Award Me For Being Awesome

... ok. They actually awarded me for graduating from college, but the fact that I graduated from college makes me pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. (And I do) It has always been a goal of mine to attend and graduate from BYU, and I've done it! Anyway, I graduated back in December, but since it was so close to Christmas, and the actual commencement ceremony isn't until April, mom and dad decided to hold off on getting me a graduation present... until last night. That's right my friends! Today I am coming to you from my brand new gorgeous, shiny, perfect laptop! Now, before anyone else asks, no... it isn't a Mac (the only mac I know my way around is the kind that comes with powdered cheese. Yummy) It is, however, perfect for my purposes.

Here he is, folks:

-Proof of  Beauty... so shiny-

The best part about it? (May I draw your attention to the lower right corner of the picture above) IT HAS A 10 KEY PAD!!! yeeeeess. Seriously. One of the main reasons why I wasn't ever keen on owning a laptop is because most of them lack this crucial component. Problem: SOLVED.

So, thank you to my amazing parents, not only for this incredibly generous gift, but also for always encouraging me to obtain an education, and supporting me in everything I want to do.

Now... on to

Part Two: In Which I Finally Get To Go Shooting

I'm not talking about THIS kind of shooting...
-my buddies and I 4523413 years ago at the Tooele Fair Grounds for the Keith Urban Concert...
 that's me with a 'hand' gun pointed at Mandy's head. :)- 

or even THIS kind of shooting...


But THIS kind of shooting...
er... kind of. (This picture was taken when I lived at Raintree down in Provo. Some guy came in to steal our food, but he ended up being shot and killed against our refrigerator by a PMSing roommate... or possibly, someone splattered ketchup on the freezer door and it looked too much like blood to leave it alone.)

It was actually more like this: 

BAM! (literally) 

The parentals and I went down to the shooting range a couple of weeks ago to see if I had any shooting skills. I think we were all pretty surprised at my aim. I admit, I was a tad scared to pull the trigger that first time, but after that, it was a blast... (literally) 

Here's the proof of my success:


-feel free to ignore that shot at the bottom and concentrate SOLELY on the shot RIGHT through
the middle of the target-

-NOTE: The bullet holes to the left of the silhouette's head were intentional. Dad drew a face
over there, making the silhouette a hostage being used as a body shield. The point was to shoot the 
bad guy without hurting the hostage. Mission: Accomplished- 

Pretty good for my first time, no? 

Next Up:

-A New Loo
-I Am A Word Doodler


No comments:

Post a Comment