Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I wanna be a bloggionaire...


Yes... a bloggionaire. (Curse you Travie McCoy for attaching your ambitious monetary desires to catchy melodies and planting them in my head!) 


Anyway, I’ve started a blog!! Actually, I set it up quite a while ago, but after spending a ridiculous amount of time (hours...) trying to figure out how to make it look pretty, failing miserably, and finally consulting with someone who knows more about blogging than I (thanks, sis), I successfully added a background I liked. Unfortunately, at that point I was all-blogged-out and couldn’t find the brain power to actually post on said blog. Needless to say, it remained postless for weeks. Mind you, I didn’t abandon the poor barely birthed blog... no. I visited it faithfully nearly every day, each time congratulating myself on how beautiful that background was, and dreaming about the day I would one day post something on it and thus allow it to fulfill its potential. 

Today is that day. Well, as close to it as possible... as you can see, I have yet to come up with an acceptable title for what is likely to go down in history as the coolest blog ever... or something. In time, my friends, in time. 

In searching for inspiration for my first post, I turned to the blogs of my friends and family, where I discovered something a little shocking that I hadn’t noticed until now.

As proof of my discovery, I have included the appalling photographic evidence... taken directly from the blogs they originally appeared on and edited for emphasis and identity protection (yep... without permission from their owners.)
  
--Identities of all photo subjects have been concealed in order to maintain their privacy--


There! In the corner! 


and again...


and AGAIN!

Yes, readers (all 2 of you. Hi mom.)  It’s true. I have been making sneaky and generally unattractive and unintentional background appearances in the blogs of others for some time now. It isn’t something I’m proud of, to be sure, and is a problem I intend to put to rest right here and right now... It's time I made an intentional appearance in a blog of my own! 




!!BAM!!  

Welcome to a new era of blogging. I've officially cleared the first-post-ever-hurdle. Here's to hoping I can keep my momentum and make it to the next. (What the track metaphor? I don't think that's going to work. Stand-by for something more self-applicable... 

...

...)

I've got nothin'. Oh well. I think I'll go watch last night's Bachelor episode now.

Coming Soon:

-Wholesome fun in the city of sin
-Reluctant recommendations 

10 comments:

  1. LOVE.IT. Welcome to the blogosphere. I guess this means I have to be better at blogging myself... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You're linked up on my blog now. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAH! You are my favorite. I died at your first picture. *giggle, giggle* I still am. I heart your blog; and I will divulge in all your posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica- YEEEESSS! You're the best.Someday you'll have to teach me how to post links to blogs and all that jazz slash I'm a little sad that you guys have internet now because you won't come over as often :(


    Brooke- I'm super glad you enjoyed it. :) You better keep reading because then I can officially have like THREE readers instead of two. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. try four readers my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make 5! Love it. Congrats on everything. We miss you. Anytime you want to come to NYC you have a place to stay...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, that previous comment is me, Courtney. I hate computers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! 5 readers! Courtney, I pretty much want to come to NYC EVERY DAY of my life. Someday I will. You can count on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete